Technology has improved by leaps and bounds over the last decade or so. Think of how much better your mobile phone is now, compared to the one you had a few years ago. This same principle applies to security systems.
As new technology develops, companies will start to phase out the production of old hardware in favour of newer models. We commonly refer to this as the “end of life” cycle. The same thing happens with security systems for your business.
We often see systems that were installed over 20 years ago, with technology that was developed in the ‘90s. Once a product has reached its “end of life”, it’s near impossible to source parts for repairs or upgrades. However, often, it’s more beneficial to upgrade the entire system completely.
Inner Range is one of our favourite companies for the design and development of access control and security systems. They’ve provided some of the most reliable products available for many years. However, with the advancement of technology, their Concept 3000 and Concept 4000 have reached “end of life” status.
In 2019 Inner Range made the decision to stop manufacturing the Concept 3000 and Concept 4000, and have already ceased manufacturing components or developing software for these products.
What happens when a security system reaches its “end of life” cycle?
Fortunately, Inner Range’s latest Inner Range Integriti platform allows for quick, easy and cost-effective migration from the older Concept systems. Plus, there’s no need to replace the entire system. This means that if you were to upgrade now, it could help you avoid a complete refit in a few years.
There are a number of benefits to this migration. The design of the Integriti system has modern businesses in mind. Inner Range Integriti features:
- Easier control across a number of sites
- Varying levels of permissions, therefore allowing staff and customers access to some areas, while denying access to others
- Timestamped programming changes, with the option to revert back to a previous arrangement.
- Manage your entire security operation from a single user interface. With Integriti acting as the complete Security Management System, integrate a variety of security sub-systems, such as CCTV, Biometrics, Mobile Duress, Lighting, Air-Conditioning, Intercom, Fire and many more.
- Remote Access via smartphone apps.
- And many more advancements that can be added, then tailored to the needs of your business.
If you currently have the Inner Range Concept 3000 or Concept 4000 (or any other security system) installed and would like to learn more about migrating to the Inner Range Integriti platform for improved security, call Eversafe today on (03) 900 10 900 or email us at email@example.com