Do you have a security plan in place over the summer break to protect your business?
Eversafe’s top 5 tips on keeping your business secure over the holiday period:
- Installing CCTV and your alarm security systems need to reflect the latest technology. You need to stay ahead of tech savvy criminals who look to exploit vulnerabilities in archaic security systems.
- Ensure all your security systems are well maintained and are in good working order i.e. Do your security cameras require cleaning or are there any outstanding issues that need to be addressed?
- All your security hardware needs to have the latest software updates. Out of date software can cause system crashes leaving your premises unsecured.
- Test all your passwords to ensure that they are secure.
- Update your monitoring contacts with the access control room, to ensure that if you’re away a representative can be contacted to authorise patrols.
DID YOU KNOW?
For the year ending March 2019, the offence subdivisions that showed significant upward trends in the last 24 months were:
Robbery (up 6.4% in the last 12 months, from 2,511 to 2,671)
Theft (up 4.5% in the last 12 months, from 131,037 to 136,910)