It is quite often that we focus on keeping our homes secure while neglecting gardens and items which are kept outdoors. Many homeowners leave valuable items such as lawnmowers or bicycles in the garden, with no idea how vulnerable they are to thieves.
While we take pride in the beauty of our gardens, we also need to ensure that they remain protected. By installing CCTV cameras in both the interior and exterior of their homes, homeowners can have round-the-clock security and surveillance on the entry-point itself.
If you have larger landscape elements such as bushes or trees which can limit the view of your property, you can improve security and avoid issues by having your garden monitored by a video surveillance system.
- Gravel is a great deterrent as it is noisy when walked on, so you will be alerted to any would be intruder.
- Never leave ladders or tools lying around, as not only do they make pickings for opportunist thieves, but can also be used to break into your home.
- Security lights and alarms are other great deterrents as thieves prefer to operate in dark and silent homes.
- Make sure all fences or walls are in good condition to prevent thieves from climbing over or simply kicking them down.
Choose the Right Outdoor Camera
Keep these key points to keep in mind whilst choosing a security camera for your garden.
- Good images in low light.Â It is crucial to go for a camera that records and transmits good quality images and video even during the night when there are low light conditions.
- Right angles.Â Ensure that any security camera that you install has good angles and no overlapping views.
- Round-the-clock monitoring.Â Ideally, garden cameras should provide twenty-four hour surveillance since crime and thefts can occur at any time of the day.
- Remote operation.Â It is best to buy a wireless camera that can be operated through a remote control or software.
If you are like most homeowners who want a sense of security and empowerment, call the team at Eversafe on (03) 900 10 900 and receive a free security assessment and quote.