Halloween Tips for Home Security
It is almost that time of the year when kids all over Australia start looking for some spooky fun and treats. However, when celebrating Halloween there are many other factors that should be considered. Criminals see this holiday as a favourable circumstance. Since Halloween is all about pranksters and vandals it can be an ideal time for burglars to attack, especially if you are not home. A burglar can dress up in a costume to hide his or her identity, and easily break into your home.
Safeguard Your Home
- Park your car inside your garage. Don’t let it be a target.
- Make use of motion sensor lights to discourage burglars from choosing your home.
- Avoid answering the door after a certain time.
- Keep your windows and doors locked at all times, even if you are home.
A reliable home security system will protect your home from burglars as well as teenagers who might cause damage to your property if you’re away from home on Halloween night. Teenagers usually avoid homes with CCTV cameras, so you wonâ€™t have to worry about your home being egged or your car ruined by shaving cream.
If you already have a home security system
Whether you will be home or not, keep your home security system armed throughout the day and night. All the commotion of Halloween is like a burglarâ€™s dream come true!
Preparing Your Little Trick-or-treaters
- Tell your children not to enter strange houses.
- Remind your trick-or-treaters to stick with their buddy at all times.
- Set a time for your kids to be home.
- Ask them not to take shortcuts through yards, alleys, or parks at night.
Halloween is just around the corner. Protect your loved ones with a home security system by calling the team at Eversafe today on (03) 900 10 900.